Saturday 27 March 2010

For C who has gone to a Meeting

For C who has gone to a Meeting.

What is the thrill of the place, except for its novelty,
It is not here, but there, separated by a T,
As if this game could convince me like a Sudoku
Puzzle, something I could never quite understand,
Since it's numbers and not letters, yet you will I am sure
Work through one on the train, and the equation
Might equal the very thought I have, to the decimal
Point carried to what extreme? to freedom, liberty
And what is this that tags along, but stupid jealousy,
Anyway, it is not the same, you are not here, but there,
Should I infer this as a kind of secret rendevous
Like two lovers in times of resistance try to find a clandestine
Spot to embrace and fuck, the interdict forces it to be quick,
Otherwise they will be shot at will, is that my stupid jealousy
Armed with suspicion that casts these ridiculous aspersions,
Pumping up with adrenalin, the word meeting with all possible
Connotations – I met you is that just short of I know you?
And in a bible thumping definition, that they met and it was
... bad,
Do they break bread and generally partake of each other?
What the hell am I supposed to do with this meeting?
Challenge the banns, is there any unreasonable reason
Why these two or more people should not gather
Associate, converse, discuss in public social intercourse?
Yes, because you are THERE and I am HERE and I am
Separated from the letter C who has gone to a "meeting"
For what seems to be for more than an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment