Saturday 13 November 2010

At random

At random I got the following five words from an 1804 Dictionary - as in Edward de Bono's lateral thinking exercises.

Five words at random

circumspective

drivel

scissibible

overset

Bible

 

The theme word was bicker - also chosen randomly

We would argue at the breakfast table

You would over the cereal box fire sallies

of rubbish, complete balderdash, drivel

and all those words and their hateful allies

Then I would in more circumspective mood

Seek out authorities from the good Bible

Hoping that the verse and chapter would overset

Your emotional outburst, but to no avail

You felt the religious assist, was more wood

to the flames, and you descended into atheist

diatribe, calling me a happy clapper female

I tried then to remain calm while you piled

up more inflammable thoughts, you brought

in Darwin, and I over the cornflakes and milk,

quietly mentioned, the argument for intelligent

design, in the decent hope that our bickering

would finish, but you outraged by the fake

science, quoted Hume, and I was then alight

burning in your logic and method, the licking

heat of your hatred for the unscissible Right

of my position, you left me consumed by facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment