Thursday 15 July 2010

Alongside III


I am in a country that goes by the name Quandary,

every plant and tree comes in its own perplexity

every animal and mineral is tested by its difficulty

every word spoken, is said once, thought twice

as they address each other in complete ambiguity

it would be something Swiftian if were not a State

of mind, and it would be fun to read of indecision

shall I cross the road, should I buy the television

however when it is real, then whatever I feel

is tinged with anxiety, at the risk of your society

I could lose your company and my harmony

I would love to be elsewhere, on a beach out of reach

A paradise which is somewhere we can lunch

we can meet in happiness, and sleep in joy

If I could only get a ticket there, instead of Quandary.

No comments:

Post a Comment