Sunday 3 January 2010

Getting the hang of Blogging


Bear with me please! I am a newcomer. Just literally woken up to the medium of blogging. I shall use this space to elaborate my thoughts on poetics and other matters of interest to me - and hopefully others. I have been in the business of thinking about and writing about poetry for eons, though I would not for one moment see my self as belonging to the "Old Geezer" category of poets. No, I am no Mr. Burns (of Simpsons). I did however once participate in the annual Robbie Burns poetry competition and got an honourable place - I believe I even had an invitation up to Scotland to read it on Burns' Night. But unfortunately, never made it up there. The poem was entitled "Creation" and it was all to do with how the world could fit into a seagull's egg - or something of that ilk. I liked bird watching from my school days, especially seabirds like the fulmar which I consider to be one of the more beautiful birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment