Monday 4 January 2010

Winter Poems (New)


It is not very original is it, I mean Winter is all around us at the moment. But I thought I would like to do a series of new poems in various forms connected with winter and its (discontents). I did write earlier several poems. One of these was


In Memory of Hedwig Lachmann ( Stephen Pain 2000)


The carNavigator

Says this way

Go and stop

Long and hope

Winter Aches and takes

Away the day

Driving and living

Is this the right

Turning

The flashing light

Indicates

The face of Immigrants

And the snow

Is now

Red

Stop

And

yesterday

there were more“rabbits”

killed on the

road

stop

the reports

from reuters

confirm

stop and

upon a patch of Ice

civilization slips

as the

carNavigator

experiences

blips like

stop

austria


Hedwig Lachmann was a fascinating person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedwig_Lachmann

I had her collected poems once - they had belonged to the late W.G. Sebold. I fumbled my way through her poems, trying to make head and tail out of the German. I think I was left with an impression of what was going on, and that was enough to feel she was quite a writer.

1 comment:

  1. That should be W.G. Sebald - I always get his name wrong ...

    ReplyDelete